For 25 years, the StairMaster StepMill has been called the toughest workout in the gym. Now you can bring that same toughness to your home workouts with the totally redesigned SM5. The StepMill is easy to recognize - it's the piece of cardio equipment that looks brutal compared to all the others, with a revolving set of 8-inch stairs that closely duplicates the workout of actual stair climbing. Each time you mount the StepMill, the unit's electronically controlled, chain-driven alternator precisely controls the pedal descent, allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones. The resulting step range of 26 to 162 steps per minute will strengthen your legs, boost your cardio, and challenge even the fittest of users.
The new StepMill 5 offers the core mechanics of our previous models wrapped in a stylish look and enhanced functionality to create a next-generation experience. The SM5 offers plenty of workout options, with such programs as quick start, manual, fat burner, calorie burner, intervals, bell-shaped, build, mystery challenge, steady, and heart rate zone trainer. The console also offers a nationally recognized multi-stage fitness test that gauges your individual progress, along with a custom firefighter test (CPAT) that measures your cardiopulmonary endurance and muscular strength. (Firefighting is considered one of the most physically demanding jobs in North America, which is why the CPAT is such a natural fit with the StepMill.)
Finally, it's easy to stay motivated and track your progress thanks to the attractive and intuitive TSE-1 10” touch screen LCD display along with an integrated TV tuner which also tracks your speed, distance, floors climbed, calories burned, and much more.
Additional features include integrated iPod connectivity; Polar-compatible wireless heart rate monitoring; ergonomically designed handrails for support; dual water bottle holders, reading rack, and accessory tray that are positioned within easy reach; and a 350-pound capacity. The StepMill - which requires a minimum ceiling height of 10 feet - measures 58” L x 34” W x 89” H, weighs 343 pounds.
Check out our easy to read Stairmaster Stepmill Comparison Chart!
IMPORTANT: Ceiling Height Requirements: Generally, the user will be up to 33" to 36" taller than their actual height on revolving staircase / stepmill units. 8' ceilings (standard in homes) will rarely work. Please contact us if you have questions as to whether this will fit in your setting. We will need your exact ceiling height and the height of the tallest user.
- Large 10” touch screen dislays: time, interval timer, level (1-20), heart rate, calories, floors climbed, floors per minute, watts, METs, Workout Profile
- Integrated TV tuner: allows television viewing during your workout
- Integrated iPod connectivity: with video playback, audio controls and charging capabilities
- 10 programmed workouts: include Quick Start, Manual, Fat Burner, Calorie Burner, Intervals, Bell-Shaped, Build, Mystery Challenge, Steady, and Heart Rate Zone Trainer.
- Fitness tests: include Multi-stage CPAT Fire Fit Test and WFI Test.
- Landmark Challenge: engages users as they watch their progress up well-known landmarks from around the world.
- Revolving staircase: with 8” (20.3 cm) high and 9” (22.9 cm) deep steps most closely duplicates the workout of real stair climbing.
- Staircase revolves: at speeds varying from 26 to 162 steps per minute.
- Smooth stepping action: comes from the electronically controlled alternator with chain drive that precisely controls the pedal descent allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones.
- Quieter step design: improves fluidity of stepping motion and provides added cushion for joints.
- Broad oval handrails: are ergonomically designed providing comfortable hand support.
- Step –up assistant allows easy access to mount and dismount the machine.
- Dual oversized water bottle holders: near the console allow easy access without interfering with workout space.
- Polar compatible telemetry heart rate monitoring.
- Requires a minimum ceiling height of 10 feet
- Step rate: 26 to 162 steps per minute
- Power requirements: 110 V
- TSE-1: 10” touch screen
- Screen: Attractive and intuitive 10” Touch Screen LCD display specifically designed to handle the facility environment. Simple and clear workout controls to change your resistence and pause your workout.
- Features: Integrated TV Tuner, iPod compatible with video playback, charging and audio control capability, Telemetry Heart Rate monitoring, USB Tracking compatible, CSAFE and Fitlinxx compatible Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad
- Workouts: Quick Start; Goal-based Programs; Floors, Time, Calories; Profiles- Calorie Burner, Fat Burner, Intervals, Manual, Steady, Bell-shaped, Build, Mystery; HR Zone Trainer, WFI and CPAT Fit Tests
- Landmark Challenge Workouts: Statue of Liberty, Taj Mahal, Big Ben, Great Pyramid of Giza, Transamerica Building, Eiffel Tower, Empire State Building, Petronas Towers, Taipei 101, CN Tower and Burj Khalifa
- Metrics: Time, Level, Floors Climbed, Calories, Watts, METS, Profile, HR, Floor/Minute, Avg Floors Climbed per workout, Avg Calories Burned per workout, Highest Floors Climbed and Highest Calories Burned
- Fit Tests: Official Firefighting WFI and CPAT Fit Tests
- Resistance Levels: 20
- Language Options: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, and Japanese
- Max User Weight: 350 lbs (158.75 kg)
- Weight: 343 lbs (155.58 kg)
- Dimensions: 58” L x 34” W x 89” H / (147.32 x 86.36 x 226.06 cm)