Stairmaster Gauntlet 8 Series SM8 Stepmill w/15" OpenHub
The 8 Series Gauntlet StepMill by Stairmaster is a commercial-rated step machine with revolving stairs to provide a cardio workout experience to the exerciser of true stairclimbing. For nearly 30 years, the StairMaster StepMill has been called the toughest workout in the gym. Now you can bring that same toughness to your home workouts with the totally redesigned GAUNTLET.
The Gauntlet StepMill is easy to recognize - it's the piece of cardio equipment that looks brutal compared to all the others, with a revolving set of 8-inch stairs that closely duplicates the workout of actual stair climbing.
Precise, smooth control
Each time you mount the Gauntlet StepMill, the unit's electronically controlled, chain-driven alternator precisely controls the pedal descent, allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones.
The resulting step range of 26 to 162 steps per minute will strengthen your legs, boost your cardio, and challenge even the fittest of users.
Advanced workout functionality
The Stairmaster Gauntlet Series 8 Stepmill offers the core mechanics of our previous models wrapped in a stylish look and enhanced functionality to create a next-generation experience.
The Gauntlet offers plenty of workout options, with such programs as quick start, manual, fat burner, calorie burner, intervals, bell-shaped, build, mystery challenge, steady, and heart rate zone trainer.
The console also offers a nationally recognised multi-stage fitness test that gauges your individual progress, along with a custom firefighter test (CPAT) that measures your cardiopulmonary endurance and muscular strength.
Firefighting is considered one of the most physically demanding jobs in North America, which is why the CPAT is such a natural fit with the StepMill.
Check out our easy to read Stairmaster Stepmill Comparison Chart!
IMPORTANT: Ceiling Height Requirements: Generally, the user will be up to 33" to 36" taller than their actual height on revolving staircase / stepmill units. 8' ceilings (standard in homes) will rarely work. Please contact us if you have questions as to whether this will fit in your setting. We will need your exact ceiling height and the height of the tallest user.
STAIRMASTER GAUNTLET 8 FEATURES
- Easy-to-read LCD console displays time, interval timer, level (1-20), heart rate, calories, floors climbed, floors per minute, watts, METs and workout profile.
- 10 programmed workouts include Quick Start, Manual, Fat Burner, Calorie Burner, Intervals, Bell-Shaped, Build, Mystery Challenge, Steady, and Heart Rate Zone Trainer.
- Fitness tests include Multi-stage CPAT Fire Fit Test and WFI Test.
- Revolving staircase with eight 8" (20cm) high, 9" (23cm) deep and 22" (56cm) wide steps most closely duplicates the workout of real stair climbing.
- Staircase revolves at speeds varying from 26 to 162 steps per minute.
- Smooth stepping action comes from the electronically controlled alternator with chain drive that precisely controls the pedal descent allowing a wide range of users to exercise smoothly within their comfort zones.
- Quieter step design improves fluidity of stepping motion and provides added cushion for joints.
- Ergo-bar hand grip provides alternative hand positions.
- Broad oval handrails are ergonomically designed providing comfortable hand support.
- Step up assistant allows easy access to mount and dismount the machine.
- Dual oversized water bottle holders near the console allow easy access without interfering with workout space.
- Injection-molded plastic shrouding with darker, modern color scheme.
- Active "Hot" Bar for remote stop and contact heart rate.
- Polar compatible telemetry heart rate monitoring. Chest strap not included.
- Console Accessories include reading rack and accessory tray
- Additional Features include integrated service light and personal fan.
A full suite of workout statistics
Finally, with the LCD console it's easy to track your progress thanks to the easy-to-read LCD display, which tracks your speed, distance, floors climbed, calories burned, and much more. Connect with your device via Bluetooth and ANT+ for direct integration with your favourite fitness apps.
As a bonus, the LCD console and 15" console can sync with your Apple Watch, providing accurate real-time data sharing of your workout. Now you can track your workouts precisely and accurate for optimal results.
Immersive real-world workouts
With the 15" console upgrade, you can explore real-world locations through a suite of third-party virtual reality apps including Zwift and RunTV.
Hike through the mountainous foothills of the Himalaya's, trek rolling hills of the Tuscany, or choose from any of the numerous real-world locations to explore.
Introducing Landmark Challenges
Looking to push yourself to the limit? With the exclusive Stairmaster Landmark Challenges, you can climb your favourite international landmarks including the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty and Taj Mahal.
Each landmark challenge is designed to replicate the exact experience of climbing each of these global icons, down to each step. How quickly can you climb the Eiffel Tower?
Introducing Landmark Challenges
Built-in mobile app integration with the 15" console lets you browse, watch, read and stream seamlessly from your device. Key integrations include: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, ESPN, BBC, CNN, Pandora and more.
Additionally, full HDMI and set top box functionality also lets your bring the full suite of TV entertainment options from providers such as Foxtel into your workouts.
OPENHUB™ 15" EMBEDDED TOUCHSCREEN CONSOLE FEATURES
The re-imagined 15" embedded touchscreen display with capacitive touch adds a premium new look and experience to the already-great StairMaster cardio line. The new embedded console offers a new user interface design, StairMaster 20 HIIT Programming, RunTV and web-based media access for news, entertainment and workout motivation. With standard features like HDMI streaming, Bluetooth connectivity and TV tuner options, this is a display that has something for every user.
- Global TV tuner options
- Set Top Box Ready display option works with any A/V set up that uses a Set Top Box for each piece of equipment, such as IPTV and Satellite
- Bluetooth connection for user workout data tracking
- Apple Gymkit connectivity on Apple Watch
- USB charging port
- HDMI streaming from personal device (with HDMI cable, not included)
- Multiple program options
- Landmark Challenge Program where users climb well known landmarks from around the world like the Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, and the Taj Mahal
- StairMaster 20 HIIT Program designed by World Record Holder, Olympic Trails Qualifier and Master Trainer, Sonja Friend-Uhl
- RunTV provides access to a curated collection of virtual environments, fitness videos, feature films and more
- Pre-wired for ECOFIT asset management solution
OPENHUB™ ADVANTAGES (TOUCHSCREEN MODELS)
Entertainment (15" Screen): Browse the web or stream music and video directly to the OpenHub™ console from your own phone or tablet. You can also watch television on the oversized 15" embedded screen (or by adding the optional personal viewing screen to the standard LCD model).
Asset Management: OpenHub™ can utilize various 3rd party asset management systems that allow facility operators to track equipment use and stay on top of maintenance. If your facility already utilizes an asset management solution, chances are OpenHub™ can communicate with it too.
Workout Data Tracking: Personal fitness data tracking is available via Bluetooth connection. OpenHub™ consoles can push data to personal smart devices, connecting users with a world class data ecosystem.
Competition & Games: Group Display functions can be used for a variety of competition and games. Bluetooth and Ant+ signals support data collection and display by 3rd party partner products.
Club Solutions: OpenHub™ offer tons of features and solutions to meet the unique needs of every facility. The flexibility of the console allows for additional features to be added at any point, meaning you can get and pay for what you want, when you want it. No other manufacturer offers the affordable range of connectivity as StairMaster.
- Requires a minimum ceiling height of 10 feet
- Power Requirements: Input Voltage: 100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz 100 VA
- Power Supply: Pre-wired for 110V or 220V, includes plugs for either configuration required by end user
- Max User Weight: 350 lbs. (159 kg)
- Machine Weight: 343 lbs (156 kg)
- Product Dimensions: 58" L x 34" W x 89" H (147cm L x 86cm W x 226cm H)