Precor AMT 885 with Open Stride w/P82 Console, the innovative and premium design of the Adaptive Motion Trainer (AMT) 885 takes fitness to a whole new level with the addition of the Open Stride feature. This single piece of equipment fully engages exercisers of all fitness levels with an infinite range of stride paths to create a uniquely effective low-impact workout, making every workout a personalized experience. The AMT 885 provides exercisers boundless cardio variety without the need to change machines.
Ceiling Height Requirements: We find that the user is about 18" taller than their height, without shoes on, when using the AMT Open Stride. Per
"Add a minimum of 20 inches (51 cm) onto your own height to provide proper ceiling clearance."
Having trouble deciding which AMT is right for you? Check out our easy to read
Precor AMT Model Comparison Chart + What is Open Stride?
Precor Console Comparison Chart (V2, V3, V4, Experience, p30, p80, p82)
Precor P82 Touchscreen Console FAQs
Adaptive Motion with Open Stride™
Open Stride™ is a unique feature that allows exercisers to adjust their stride height from 6.8 to 10 inches (17 to 25 cm) and change stride length at will from zero to 36 inches (0 to 91 cm), providing an infinite range of stride paths to engage several muscle groups.
A Versatile Cardio Workout
With a combination of climbing, walking and running movements, moving handle bars and dual action movements between the arms and legs, the AMT® 885 allows users to focus on different muscle groups for a total body workout.
P82 Touch Screen Console
The P82 touch screen console offers a brilliant 15" screen that's ergonomically positioned to deliver crystal clear entertainment viewing for exercisers in motion.
- Biomechanics: Biomechanics validated by Western Washington University Biomechanics Lab for users of all fitness levels and sizes, from the 5% size female to the 95% size male user. Excellent stability and freedom of movement.
- Cable Management: Optional
- Accessory Holder(s): Yes
- Transport Wheels: Integrated
- Water Bottle and Accessories Holder: Accessories holders for water bottle, reading communication devices and portable music player. P80 console provides iPod/iPhone® docking station
- Covers: Side panels are easy to remove for servicing.
- Bearings and Pivot Points: The smooth feel is optimized by using large bearings and oversized pivot shafts.
- Stride Dial™: By selecting Stride Dial™ from the Workout Progress Panel, users see stride length changes in real-time to determine the muscle groups being worked. By touching the Views button, users can add the Stride Dial™ to the Icon bar at the bottom of the touch screen.
- Dual Action: Dual action provides both upper and lower body workout. Arms are engaged with pushing and pulling motion to provide the ultimate in total body engagement.
- Foot Pedals: Foot pedals with toe caps enable user to optimize muscle involvement. Two-step powder-coating process applies rust-resistant undercoat and cosmetic topcoat to steel frame.
- Step-on Platform: Step on platform in the rear is polypropylene for durability. Platform enables the user to step onto the foot pedals while identifying how far the foot pedals may extend from the back of the machine.
- Adaptive Stride Length: Naturally adapt stride length without the need to control settings. From zero to 36 inches (0 to 91 cm), to match the desired workout for each unique user.
- Open Stride™: Open Stride™ is a unique feature that allows exercisers to adapt their stride height from 6.8 to 10 inches (17 to 25 cm) and stride length from zero to 36 inches (0 to 91 cm).
- California Residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS
- Minimum Watts: 20 watts
- Maximum Watts: 375 watts
- Resistance System: Twenty resistance levels ranging from 20 watts (level 1 at 60 SPM, zero stride length) to 375 watts (level 20 at 120 SPM, max stride length).
- Resistance Level: 1 - 20
Heart rate monitoring
- Touch: Handheld heart rate sensors located on fixed handlebars for increased accuracy and ease of use by exercisers of all sizes.
Telemetry: Yes. Equipped for heart rate telemetry reading using a chest strap.
- Diagnostics: Ability to set club parameters, e.g. to limit exercise time and pause time.
- CSAFE Ready: No
- Wireless: Yes
- Preva® Network Capable: Optional
- Equipment: Powered
- International 240 VAC: Applicable country-specific power cord
- U.S. & Canada 240 VAC: N/A
- U.S. & Canada 120 VAC: 120V/15A circuit with 5-15P NEMA receptacle
- Personal Viewing Screen (PVS): Powered
- FCC: FCC
- ETL: ETL
- CE: CE
- EN957: EN957 / ASTM
* Optional feature
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 20.9 x 15.4 x 5.3 in / 53.1 x 39.1 x 13.5 cm
- Product Weight: 15 lb / 6.8 kg
- Power Requirements: 100v-240v
- Power Supply: 60w / 12v
- Display Type: LCD Capacitive Touchscreen
- Visible Screen Size: 15 in x 9.1 in / 38.1 cm x 23 cm
- Viewing Angle: 170 degrees horizontal, 170 degrees vertical
- Resolution: XGA – 1024 x 768
- Display Color: 16.2 M
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Contrast Ratio: 1500:1
- Brightness: 300 cd/m2
- Backlight: LED
- Screen Protection: Anti-glare and hard coating
- TV Controls: Built into console
- Default Channel: Yes
- Closed Captioning: CC1-4, Text 1-4 (US/CA only)
- Entertainment Apps**: Netflix®, Hulu®, Watch ESPN®, iHeart Radio®, Spotify®
- Global TV Support: NTSC, ATSC, PAL, SECAM, DVB-T/T2/C, *Cable/Satellite Receiver support, *Pro:Idiom®, *IPTV
- Features of the Preva OS: MyUI™ Suite, Video on Demand
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, Finnish, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Network Capabilities: Preva® network capable
- Auto Shut-off: Yes
- Mute: Yes
- Video Decoding: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264
- Headphone: Replaceable
- WiFi: Yes
- Ethernet: Yes
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz MIMO and 5 GHz multiple antenna
- Regulatory: FCC, CE, IEC CB Scheme, TUV NRTL, US/CA
** Applications vary by country and location
- Equipment Specifications
- Minimum Space Between Foot Pedals: 4 inches / 10 cm
- Maximum User Weight: 350 lbs / 159 kg
- Foot Pedal Dimensions: 8 W x 14 L inches / 20 W x 36 L cm
- Step-up Height (footplate at lowest position): 6.5 inches / 16.5 cm
- Standard Frame Colours: Gloss Metallic Silver / Black Pearl
- Weight: 422 lbs / 191 kg
- Dimensions: 80" L x 35" W x 73" x H / (203cm L x 89cm W x 186cm H)
- Shipping Dimensions: 90" L x 41" W x 84" H
Connecting to Preva Network
- NOTE: Connecting to the Preva Network. You have to call Precor once you have it connected to your internet in order to open up the wide range of features accessible only by connecting to Preva Network.
*Using the drop down be sure to select the "used equipment purchase".
*Install and Networking Questions and walk through: contact Precor Customer Support. Your call will be directed to the right network fitness support person to provide assistance.
*CUSTOMER SUPPORT CONTACT INFO: Support@precor.com or 800-347-4404.